The Five Best Things about Queenstown in Spring
The end of winter doesn’t mean the end of fun in Queenstown. Longer days and warmer temperatures open up exciting new avenues for outdoor adventures in the Queenstown Lakes District of New Zealand’s rugged South Island. For the adventure capital of the world outdoor fun is a year round affair.
Here are some ideas for you to make the most of your spring break in Queenstown:
1. The slopes are open for longer – Just because the weather is warmer doesn’t mean the skiing and snowboarding has to stop! On the contrary, most mountains stay open for longer in spring, offering dedicated powder-heads even greater opportunities for on and off-piste fun. Also, the warmer weather means you can ski in a t-shirt if you want!
2. Fewer crowds – Now the peak ski season is behind us most of the winter-rush crowd has gone back to their office-cubicles in the big cities, leaving the slopes wide open! No more queuing for ski lifts or fighting the crowds in the cafe. You’ll feel like you have the place to yourself. Be the King of the Mountain and enjoy uncrowded slopes all day long.
3. Discounts galore! – Spring is the perfect time for frugal holidaymakers to get the most bang for their buck. After the winter rush is over everything switches to off-peak pricing in Queenstown and Wanaka. What does this mean for you? Heavy discounts on everything from ski-lift tickets to holiday accommodation and even cheap flights. With a springtime vacation in Queenstown you can enjoy the holiday of a lifetime without breaking the bank.
4. Enjoy all that Queenstown/Wanaka has to offer during spring – Skiing not your thing? Not a problem! The warm weather unlocks a whole host of fun springtime activities suitable for the entire family. Everything from fly fishing on Lake Wakatipu to cycling tours of local vineyards and scenic cruises on the lake become available to the public in spring. And those are just a few examples of the many fun activities on offer in spring.
5. Perfect for the whole family – The timing of spring coincides with the local school holidays, meaning that whole families can go on vacations together. You and your family can enjoy cycling, fishing, or skiing without having to worry about cold weather, long queues or high prices. Experience the family vacation of a lifetime during spring in Queenstown.
With long warm days, green valleys and snowy mountains, springtime in Queenstown/Wanaka has it all.